If you have lost one or more permanent teeth, you understand how uncomfortable chewing, speaking, and smiling can be. The loss of permanent teeth can negatively affect your smile by causing alignment issues, gum recession, and bone loss.
- Tooth decay: • Teeth that are not cared for properly can develop tooth decay and rot away. Tooth decay is caused by poor hygiene habits and sugary and acidic foods.
- Bruxism: • The constant grinding and clenching of bruxism can make teeth shorter over time or cause them to fracture.
- Dental trauma: • A hard blow to the face can knock teeth out or damage them so severely that they need to be extracted.
- Gum disease: • One of the leading causes of tooth loss among adults, gum disease causes the gums to pull away from the tooth roots, causing the teeth to loosen.
- Delaying treatment: • Many dental conditions that cause tooth loss can be treated if addressed in time. Patients who wait too long to see a dentist because of fear or finances may lose a tooth that could have been preserved.
There is no need to struggle with tooth loss any longer. Come see Dr. Eric Zaremski at SmileMarin to select one of our restorative treatments. Dental implants, dentures, and dental bridges can all treat tooth loss.